Jbi4Corba Binding Component
Jbi4Corba is a JBI
compliant Binding Component.
It allows to map a CORBA service as an internal JBI endpoint.
This is simply done by deploying into a JBI ESB a service unit containing the IDL defining the CORBA service, no coding is required.
Having an internal JBI endpoint opens a wide spectrum of possibilities because the endpoint can partecipate to the message streams and the orchestrations that take place inside the ESB.
For example the endpoint could be externally exposed as a SOAP/HTTP Webservice.
Jbi4Corba is being developed by Imola Informatica s.r.l.
For more informations about the Jbi4Corba component see the Documentation
For more informations about the Jbi4Corba plugin see the NetBeans plugin or watch a demo .
You can download Jbi4Corba at the open-jbi-components download section.
The Jbi4Corba Binding Component is open source software released under the LGPL License v2.1.
Current release 0.7 provides the following features:
- Support for both GlassFishESB and ServiceMix.
- Netbeans plug-in compliant with Netbeans SOA tools.
- Support for Provider and Consumer mode.
- Support for Consumer IDL-first and WSDL-first use cases.
- Ability to use different orb even simultaneously.
- Support for synchronous (i.e. InOut MEP)and asynchronous (i.e. InOut MEP)comunication.
- Different localization mechanisms (Name Service, corbaloc, corbaname, IOR).
- Support inout and out IDL parameters.
- Support advanced IDL complex type as Union, Any, Interfaces.
- Support IDL with import and multiple interfaces.
- Support for i18n.
Jbi4Corba has the following system requirements:
- A jre 1.5 or higher. It has been tested with:
- sun jdk 1.5.x on linux.
- sun jdk 1.5.x on windows.
- A JBI container 1.0 or higher. It has been tested with:
- GlassfishESB (with JBIRuntime soarelease-081117.
- ServiceMix 3.1.1-incubating.
- A CORBA ORB implementation. It has been tested with:
- Sun ORB (from jdk 1.5.x).
- GlassFish ORB.
The Netbeans plugin has the following system requirements:
- The NetBeans bundled in GlassfisESB distribution (NetBeans 6.1 Patch 4 Candidate (200810140114) + OpenESB addons).
We have defined the following roadmap for Jbi4Corba:
- More security features
- More transactional features
- More management features
- Current version is 0.5.
- Tested in Apache ServiceMix (3.1.1-incubating).
- Tested in OpenESB (version 2 beta build 20071207).
- Planned release of version 1.0.
The source code for the Jbi4Corba binding component is located under Open JBI Components CVS. The source is located under the contrib-imola/corba-bc directory. See OpenESB Getting Started for instructions on how to get started in OpenESB.
Go to the OpenESB Issue Tracker to submit issues. Please choose corba-bc as the subcomponent.
Project Mailing Lists
These are the mailing lists that have been established for this project. For each list, there is a subscribe, unsubscribe, and an archive link.
To start discussions use the Open JBI Components discussion forums.
Access Count: 1