Configuring and Starting the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server
This topic provides information for configuring and then starting the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server.
Note – While working on creating a Data Mashup project in the NetBeans IDE you do not need to have the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server running.
Additional Data Mashup Links
To see a list of all the Data Mashup links, return to introduction of Using the Sun Data Mashup Engine
To Start the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server
This topic leads you through the steps to start the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server.
You do not need the application server running all the time. When Data Mashup requires the application server, it automatically starts it.
- To start the NetBeans IDE, navigate to the appropriate directory and start the executable file.
* Solaris, AIX, and Linux
- Directory Path: GlassFish ESB-install-directory/netbeans/bin
- Executable: / netbeans.sh
- Directory Path: GlassFish ESB-install-directory\netbeans\bin
- Executable: netbeans.exe
- Start the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server in the NetBeans IDE.
- Select the Services tab.
- Expand Servers in the runtime window.
- Right-click GlassFish V2.
- Select Start.
Wait until the message, “Application server startup complete,” appears in the Output window and a green arrow points at GlassFish V2 in the runtime window.
- Start the EDM Engine.
- Expand the GlassFish V2 node in the runtime window.
- Expand the JBI node.
- Expand Service Engines.
- Right–click sun-edm-engine and select Start.