In order to manage the standalone fuji instance from Netbeans, download and install org-netbeans-modules-jbi-fuji-server-plugin.nbm in Netbeans which provides a CLI interface directly from the netbeans output window for the standalone fuji as well as a explorer view in the Services tab to view and perform actions such as start, stop the instance or install, start, stop, uninstall the OSGi bundles.
Except for starting and stopping the instance, if you want to use the explorer view and the bundle management actions, you need to install a jmx based fuji admin bundle to the runtime before you use it. Download and install the fuji-admin-jmx-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to the standalone fuji runtime using CLI interface. In the future, this bundle will be included in the standalone distribution of fuji.
See this video on how to setup and run the standalone fuji instances from netbeans.
- Download and install standalone fuji distribution.
- Install netbeans plugin org-netbeans-modules-jbi-fuji-server-plugin.nbm in Netbeans
- Start netbeans and go to services tab. A node named "Fuji Servers" should be present. Right click on the node and select "add server"
- In New Fuji Server wizard, enter the path to the root folder ( fuji ) of the standalone fuji runtime.
- Enter the jmx admin port number and click finish. A child node under Fuji Servers should appear.
- Start the server by right clicking on the node and selecting the start action.
- Install fuji-admin-jmx-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar OSGi bundle in standalone fuji runtime
- From the output window of the server that started ( right click and select "open console" if the window not present)
- Install the fuji admin jmx OSGi bundle. At the prompt, type "install file://fuji-admin-jmx-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar ( for example, install file:/c:/fuji-demo/fuji-admin-jmx-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar) and start the bundle ( start )
- Right mouse click on the running fuji server node and select refresh action to update the tree view.
- View, install, start, stop, uninstall any osgi bundles from the running instance tree view.