IEP - Intelligent Event Processor
Welcome to the IEP Wiki. If you want to start developing applications using IEP click on "IEP Application Developer" picture below. If you are interested in contributing to the development of the IEP Engine please click the "IEP Engine Developer" picture below.
IEP is an open source Complex Event Processing (CEP) and Event Stream Processing (ESP) engine. IEP is part of the Open ESB SOA Suite. When you download Open ESB, you get all the required tools as well as IEP. These tools, along with IEP, enable SOA and Event-Driven Architectures.
IEP engine can send and receives events from all the external systems that Open ESB supports. The events from the Open ESB external systems can generate a cloud of events as well as streams of events. The IEP engine can analyze both these types of events. IEP uses Continuous Query Language (CQL) and a rich set of operators to analyze the events.
Features of IEP
- Supports Complex Event Processing (CEP)
- Supports Event Stream Processing (ESP)
- Supports Continuous Query Language (CQL)
- Rich set of built in operators
- Rich GUI tools to create event process
- Analyzes messages from clouds and streams
- Connectivity with all the external systems supported by Open ESB SOA Suite
- Part of the Open ESB SOA Suite
Following are useful resources for Complex Event Processing
) and Event Stream Processing
- Technical Paper on ESP - STREAM: The Stanford Data Stream Management System
Authors - Arasu, A.; Babcock, B.; Babu, S.; Cieslewicz, J.; Datar, M.; Ito, K.; Motwani, R,; Srivastava, U.; Widom, J.
- A website dedicated to CEP applications, products and latest research
Professor David Luckham posts many articles on CEP at the website
- CEP website at Standford
Related Projects Home Pages
Open ESB Forum