Configuring the database connection using Netbeans Database Explorer
- Launch IDE Help
- Refer to Servers and Databases -> Working With Databases
to get the exact steps on Adding a Driver and connecting to the Database.
- Once the JDBC URL is visible, right click and connect.
- check the option "Remember the password during this session"
Note: For run-time to work, place the driver jar file ( say classes12.zip in case of Oracle ) in the appserver_domain_dir\lib ( for ex. if appserver is installed in say C:\Sun\AppServer, place the zip in C:\Sun\Appserver\domains\domain1\lib folder )
Steps for building a simple Collaboration
- Browse the Project say ETLApp19 -> Source Packages -> default Package -> right-click -> New ETL(choose etl icon) as shown
- Collaboration Wizard opens-up.
- Choose Collaboration name, for example "test.etl" and proceed next
- ETL Collaboration wizard opens up as shown
- Select a particular connection listed
- Schema drop-down gets populated
- Select a particular table say TEMP1
- Proceed Next
- Similar Target table screen is shown
- Select a target table
- Click Finish to see the collaboration
- Right-click on the source table and choose the "AutoMap" feature
Validate the Collaboration
- Click on the tick-mark icon shown below to validate the collaboration
Test run the collaboration
Go Back to ETLTutorials