Sun Data Mashup Engine REST Support
This topic provides information about REST support.Note –
Requires Java CAPS 6 Update 1.
- Identified Resources
- Tables, views, federated views, data mashups of relational/rss feed
- Reaching to particular page, row and column
- Supported Parameters
- Page: Supports pagination of large result sets
- Row: Reaches a particular row irrespective of the page
- Column: Reaches a particular column
- Extra parameters: depends upon the application configuration
- Constructing Resource URIs in encoding mode
Data Mashup Engine support of REST.
- To get all the records, the URL is:page=0&row=0&column=0
- To reach a particular page, such as the 2nd page, the URL is: page=2&row=0&column=0
If you attempt to reach an invalid page, such as ‐1, the URL returns all the pages.
- To reach a particular row, such as the 10th row, the URL is: page=2&row=10&column=0
The page value is ignored and only 10th row is displayed. If you attempt to reach a row with an invalid row, all the pages and all the rows are returned.
- To get all the records of a particular attribute, such as CUSTOMER_ID, the URL is: page=0&row=0&column=CUSTOMER_ID
This lists all the records of attribute CUSTOMER_ID.
- To get only values of the CUSTOMER_ID in 2nd page, the URL is: page=2&row=0&column=CUSTOMER_ID
- To drill down to the 2nd row of the CUSTOMER_ID value , the URL is: page=2&row=2&column=CUSTOMER_ID
In this instance, the page attribute value is ignored.
Note – Currently the Data Mashup Engine does not support POST request.
- Runtime-Input Arguments
- Runtime-input arguments can be added at Design time
- Runtime arguments for flat files and tab delimited files are added automatically
- Using Runtime arguments with REST Query
- The default way to Reach page=0&row=0&column=0&FILE_LOC_STUDENTINFO=0
FILE_LOC_STUDENTINFO is the runtime argument. Once the runtime argument is defined at design time, it is mandatory to mention this argument while accessing URL.
FILE_LOC_STUDENTINFO=0 is the runtime argument that you are accessing with default values. You can overwrite this value by specifying a file name, such as page=0&row=0&column=0&FILE_LOC_STUDENTINFO=test.xls.
Note – test.xls is the file name that you overwrite; this must be configured in GlassFish as part of application configuration.