Transform Shared Library
What is TransformSL?
TransformSL is a framework to simplify the development of transformation-based JBI service engines. The default transformation engine in TransformSL is capable of executing transformation processes
, including the invocation of service endpoints. The framework includes the following features:
- Runtime execution
- Supports sequential processing of transformation process activities, including:
- Transform - applies a transformation to input and assigns the result to output
- Invoke - invokes service endpoints in the JBI environment
- Extensible engine units
- Extensible parsing
- Numerous component and systemic quality features
- Invoke extension function
- Allows the invocation of service endpoints from within an XSL stylesheet.
- Installed as a JBI Shared Library
- Basic engine functionality is available to all JBI components
- NOTE: TransformSL is not currently used as a Shared Library, due to classloading constraints in JBI (specifically, shared libraries cannot depend on each other); components based on TransformSL should explicitly package the transform-engine.jar in the component's installer.
Who needs TransformSL?
Anyone developing a transformation process engine. Currently, only XsltSE
is implemented using TransformSL. The goal was to implement the functionality surrounding transformation processes
in such a way that the transform activity
could be using XSLT, XQuery, or some other transformation processor transparently.
For a summary of TransformSL wiki pages, please see the TransformSL Links wiki