Using the Scheduler Binding Component
The Scheduler Binding Component provides scheduling capabilities for initiating JBI services.
About the Scheduler Binding Component
The Scheduler Binding Component provides scheduling capabilities for initiating JBI services. The binding component is powered by http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/
, and allows you to schedule triggers to launch (consume) other JBI components, such as the File Binding Component. You can set these actions or processes to occur at specific times or break up activities to fit any schedule.
The Scheduler Binding Component lets you choose from three types of triggers:
- Simple: The Simple trigger is a time-interval trigger, which means it can be programmed to trigger something every so-many units of time. For example, you can schedule an activity to start, and then repeat every hour, until the scheduled end.
- Cron: The Cron trigger is a time specific trigger. Using the Cron trigger, you can schedule an action using seconds, minutes, hours, days, day-of-week, months, and years. For example, you can schedule an action to occur on the third Monday of each month at 12:00 AM.
- Hybrid: The Hybrid trigger is a Cron trigger that starts a Simple trigger. This allows you to schedule an action to occur repeatedly within a specific time frame. For example, you can schedule a task to occur 30 times, every hour, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
The Scheduler Wizard allows you to easily configure triggers for your project in just a few steps.
Scheduler Binding Component Features
The Scheduler Binding Component includes the following features:
- Triggers are created using a binding component powered by OpenSymphony Quartz, providing extensive configuration options.
- The Scheduler wizard provides three trigger options: Simple, Cron, and Hybrid, which allow you to easily configure the date and time that a trigger fires, as well as the duration and interval.
- Application configuration allows you to easily reconfigure existing projects at runtime.
- The Scheduler allows you to monitor statistics for the component and provides logging and alerts for key processes.
Return to GlassFish ESB Documentation Home